Soft Boiled Eggs Done Right
Serve over ramen for the best meal of your life.
Soft boiled eggs can be challenging to make because your timing has to be perfect. If the eggs are overcooked you will end up with a hardboiled egg. The Japanese cuisine is loaded with soft boiled egg recipes. Soft boiled eggs go wonderfully with ramen noodles. Follow the instructions below and let us know what you think.
- Use room temperature eggs.
- Add eggs to boiling water, make sure water covers at least 2/3 of the egg.
- Boil eggs for exactly 6 minutes, carefully move the eggs around the pot for more even cooking.
- After 6 minutes, immediately place your eggs in a ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from ice water bath and place in tupperware with bonito and kelp sauce for added flavor. Marinate eggs for 24 hours.
- Serve your eggs with ramen noodles for a meal your guests will adore.