Make Your Own Citrus Cleaner Using Two Common Ingredients
If you enjoy making your own organic products you will love this simple all-purpose cleaning hack. Using nothing but orange peels and distilled vinegar, you can make your own cleaning spray for a fraction of the price of the store bought brands. Plus, its organic and contains no chemicals.
The secret is contained inside the orange peel. Orange peels contains a substance called, d-limonene which works great as a cleaning compound.
What You'll Need
- Orange Peels
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Airtight Container
- Spray Bottle
- Place the orange peels in the empty container.
- Fill the container with the distilled white vinegar.
- Seal the air tight container and store for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, open container and strain out the orange peels leaving only the liquid cleaner.
- Pour the cleaner in a spray bottle.
It really is that simple. Mason jars work great for this project, but you can use any type of container that is air tight. If the citrus cleaner is too strong for you, you can dilute it with water.